accepts applications for two types of Peace Team Members:
1. Summer Workcamp Team Members: 5 weeks
No specific skills required - open to all ages
For Workcamps FAQs <<click here>>
Workcamps: Sunday, 22 June - Saturday, 25 July
will accept applications for Summer Workcamps 2008 beginning in
To view the 2008 Summer Workcamp application <<click
To see 2008 Workcamp descriptions <<click
2. Extended Service Team Members - 3 months or longer
Applications for Extended Service Peace Team Members are accepted all year
round. AGLI will attempt to find a placement for interested persons according
to their skills and interests and the needs of AGLI's African partners.
To be considered for an Extended Service Peace Team position:
1) Download the application to view AGLI's requirements <<click
2) Send an email to dave@ explaining your interests in going
to Africa and the time frame during which you wish to volunteer.
3) Attach your resume to the email.
AGLI will use the information in your email and your resume to assess the possibilities
of placing you with one of our African partners. This will include communicating
with our African partners and possibly with you for clarifications
Once an appropriate placement has been agreed upon between AGLI and one of
our African partners you will be notified. This process may take two to six
4) Once you receive this notification please complete the application form,
meet with a clearness committee, and submit your application and the report
from the clearness committee, as directed on the application.